Introduction to the analysis and critical thinking that is required to navigate the multitude of factors involved in investment prioritization decisions including market and competitive analysis, trend evaluation, and financial statement analysis.
Finance is focused on prioritizing limited resources to achieve the highest return on investment. This course will introduce market, competitive, and financial models commonly leveraged in finance organizations to evaluate markets, assess competition, and prioritize investment decisions.
- Enhance your strategic finance skillset.
- Learn how to successfully use market analysis models, including Porter’s 5 Forces and SWOT analysis, to evaluate markets for investment.
- Leverage business cases to evaluate real-world situations and provide recommendations.
- Practice leveraging financial data and medium to communicate with key stakeholders
To enroll in Strategic Investments elective courses, students must have completed ECON X499.1, ECON X499.2, and ECON X499.4 with a grade C or better.
If you have substituted ECON X499.1 with a ECON 134A please email your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Concurrent Enrollment Permissible: If you have already enrolled in ECON X499.1 / ECON X499.2 / ECON X499.4 and wish to register before the courses have completed, please contact PaCE Support at 805-893-4200 to bypass the prerequisite.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strategic Investments : Elective Courses