Course DescriptionFundamental Investing will focus on analyzing potential stock investments. Students will be assigned at least two companies to analyze in groups. Groups will present their analysis and receive feedback from an expert in the field.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Develop skills to analyze companies.
- Gain knowledge about various aspects of companies to analyze when evaluating investment options.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Be able to articulate the basics of fundamental investing.
- Be able to explain key concepts associated with analyzing potential investments.
- Articulate questions designed to gain insight into successful investing strategies.
PrerequisitesCompletion of ECON X499.4 with a C or higher.
To enroll in Strategic Investments elective courses, students must have completed ECON X499.1, ECON X499.2, and ECON X499.4 with a grade C or better.
If you have substituted ECON X499.1 with a ECON 134A please email your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Concurrent Enrollment Permissible: If you have already enrolled in ECON X499.1 / ECON X499.2 / ECON X499.4 and wish to register before the courses have completed, please contact PaCE Support at 805-893-4200 to bypass the prerequisite.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strategic Investments : Elective Courses