This course is taught in collaboration with UC San Diego Extension.
- Declaration and Initialization
- Comparisons, conditions, loops, and arrays
- Functions, the DOM node tree, manipulating the DOM
- Prototypes, ajax, JSON
- Describe the difference between client-side, server-side, server-parsed language
- Define the differences between procedural and object-oriented programming
- Identify basic data structures (arrays, variables, data types, expressions)
PrerequisitesPrerequisite is Introduction to Front End Development or working knowledge of HTML and CSS is recommended.
If you have not taken the introductory course, but feel you have the experience or prior knowledge to take this course, please email email@example.com.
- A modern browser like Chrome or Firefox
- Any Text Editor; here are some recommendations:
- Sublime: http://www.sublimetext.com
- Atom: http://atom.io
- Visual Studio Code: http://code.visualstudio.com
- Brackets: http://brackets.io/
- Linux, Mac, or Windows machine with a minimum of 4 GB
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Web Development : Required Courses