The need for HR professionals to understand and apply data analytics is greater than ever. Today’s successful HR professionals must ask insightful questions, understand key terms, and intelligently apply data, but may lack a clear understanding of the many forms, types, applications, interpretations, and capabilities of HR analytics. HR Analytics provides a practical approach to using data to solve real HR challenges in organizations and demystifies analytics with clear guidelines and recommendations for making the business case, starting an HR analytics function, avoiding common pitfalls, presenting data through visualization and storytelling, and much more.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
Gain an understanding of the four levels of HR Analytics "Maturity" - the complexity of the data analytics a company uses to solve problems.
- Level 1 - Operational Reporting: The fundamentals of this level of HR analytics are understanding already available data and eventually coming to an agreement as to what the data means for the company.
- Level 2 - Advanced Reporting: The significant difference that separates Level 2 from Level 1 is the frequency of the data reporting. This level of reporting is known as proactive, routine or even automated. The top functionality at this level is simply looking at relationships between variables.
- Level 3 - Strategic analytics: HR departments operating at Level 3 are at the beginning of thorough analysis. These analyses may occur in the form of developing causal models, or looking at how relationships between variables may affect outcomes.
- Level 4 - Predictive analytics: The highest level of the HR analytics maturity model is defined by making predictions. HR departments functioning at Level 4 are gathering data and using it not only to predict what will happen in the future, but also to plan for it.
Learner OutcomesUpon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the HR analytics maturity level of an organization
- Identify organizational problems that can be addressed through HR analytics
- Explore quantitative and qualitative tools and methods
- Use storytelling to elevate organizational insights
BUSAD X450.1 Foundations of HR, commensurate professional experience in the HR field, or consent of Instructor