Students will learn the theory and real-world skills necessary to design, execute, and evaluate investment proposals that meet financial objectives. Beginning with an overview of global financial markets and instruments that characterize the investment opportunities available for today’s investors. Students will then learn how to construct optimal portfolios that manage risk effectively. Students will learn the best practices in portfolio management and performance evaluation as well as current investment strategies. By the end, they will have mastered the analytical tools, quantitative skills, and practical knowledge necessary for long-term investment management success.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Know the basic definitions, concepts, and facts about financial markets
- Understand diversification and hedging and be able to apply these concepts in practice
- Gain trading experience in different asset classes (equity, fixed-income, & ETF’s) in a simulated but realistic environment
Completion of the following courses is required to enroll in ECON X499.4:
- ECON X499.1 - Introduction to Financial Economics
- If you have completed ECON 134A (with a C grade or better) please contact PaCE Support at email@example.com or 805-893-4200
- ECON X499.2 - Financial Statement Analysis
Concurrent Enrollment Permissible: If you have already enrolled in ECON X499.1 & ECON X499.2 and wish to register for ECON X499.4 before the courses have completed, please contact PaCE Support at 805-893-4200 to bypass the prerequisite.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Strategic Investments : Required Courses