A comprehensive review of the theory, tools, and techniques used to execute, project successfully and monitor and control the execution through to close. Risk management will be a highlighted area with a focus on how to anticipate, plan, and manage risk.
A successful project manager/team member is one who is able to be flexible with implementation while continuing to keep the team and the project on track toward the ultimate project goals and objectives. This is accomplished by accurate and detailed scope/time/cost tracking as well as human resource management and clear communication and alignment with key stakeholders.
This course will provide fundamental theory as per the Project Management Institute's PMBOK, but will also utilize real-world case studies to help build an adaptable mindset towards project execution and management.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Define and apply key concepts within the Execution and Monitor & Controlling Process Groups across all of the 10 knowledge areas, with a focus on Risk Management
- Utilize tools and techniques for directing and managing project work
- Explore leadership and communication styles to influence efficient and effective teamwork
- Utilize best practices for project execution (managing meetings, team members, timelines, risk register, project plans)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management : Required 4 Courses (16 Units)