Course DescriptionThis course analyzes financial statements for investment and credit decisions using profitability and risk measures. Students learn to integrate economics, business strategy, accounting, and other business disciplines and to focus on the application of important concepts and analytical tools.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the objectives and functions of financial statement analysis
- Apply concepts and methodologies of financial statement analysis and their application in business decision making and future performance
- Work with profitability and risk analysis concepts
- Exercise analytical skills and judgment in group exercises
- Perform effective managerial skills