This course is designed to improve the student's understanding of the regulation and discipline of lawyers and paralegals and how paralegals are affected by ethical issues.
Upon successful completion of the course students will be able to:
- Apply concepts of client confidentiality
- Recognize conflicts of interest
- Identify impermissible advertising and solicitation by lawyers and paralegals
- Demonstrate competence and professionalism with regard to issues of ethics and professional responsibility
Certification Disclosure: In California, an individual may qualify to hold one’s self out as a paralegal in one of several ways including earning a certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association. (Calif. Bus. & Prof. Code §6450(c)(1).) The Paralegal Professional Certificate program offered by UCSB PaCE satisfies the requirements of California law in this regard.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Paralegal Studies : Required Courses