The 57th Annual Short Course, June 2024, UCSB Campus and Online
Infrared (IR) applications have increased dramatically over the last decade as arrays of infrared detectors have increased in size, performance, and availability. For 50 years, this internationally renowned course covering the field of infrared technology has served as an ideal primer for individuals wishing an intensive exposure to current thinking as well as an update for those seeking to review and refresh their knowledge. From a review of basic infrared detection methods, to an introduction to advanced focal planes and systems, instruction is geared to allow participants to immediately apply what they have learned. The course features infrared devices for military and commercial use — including both cooled and uncooled detectors.
Can't make it in-person? Attend online!
- Commercial and Defense Infrared Applications
- Technology of Advanced Infrared Detectors and Systems
- Evaluation Techniques for Infrared Systems
Day 1 – The Basics
Day 2 – Detectors and Packaging
Day 3 – Focal Plane Electronics
Day 4 – FPA Characterization/Testing and Special Topics (subject to change)
Academic Credit (optional)
3 quarter units of post-graduate, professional credit. Credit is optional, students wanting credit must take the test offered Friday afternoon from 2-3pm. To obtain a copy of your transcript please visit the 'How to Order a Transcript' page.
How the Participants Rated the Course Last Year:
- 100% said the course met their expectations
- 100% would recommend this course to co-workers and colleagues
In recent years, participants have included:
- Personnel in government, public and private sectors
- Infrared project engineers and managers
- Users, potential users, developers, and testers of infrared equipment
- Technical personnel broadening their knowledge of infrared
- Researchers and engineers getting started in the field of infrared
- Requests for full refunds must be received by June 12, 2023. There is a $40 processing fee for all refunds. No refunds will be granted after June 12, 2023. Requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Modern Infrared Detectors and Systems Applications Badge : Digital Badge