Assessment, Preparation, and Medical Terminology course focus on the use of assessment and observation strategies to document development, growth, play, and learning to join with families and professionals in promoting children’s success. Participants also engage with strategies and information for preparing for the Child Life Professional Examination, including information on intervention and professional responsibility and medical terminology associated with pediatric care.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify and decipher medical abbreviations
- Analyze unfamiliar terms using the knowledge of word roots, suffixes and prefixes
- Design practices that integrate documentation of children’s development and learning within a family-centered care framework
- Prioritize additional studies for exam preparation
NotesCertification Disclosure: Completion of the UCSB PaCE Child Life certificate program does not result in Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS). Individuals seeking certification must meet specific academic and clinical experience requirements in addition to passing the Child Life Professional Certification Exam. While courses in this certificate program count toward the educational requirements for becoming eligible to take the examination, completion of this certificate program will not, in itself, result in Child Life certification. For more information about certification, visit https://www.childlife.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Child Life : Required 5 Courses