In this blended online/in-person the classroom portion is completed online rather than in the classroom and skills testing then takes place in-person. This method combines the convenience of online training with a shortened face-to-face session.
Here are the steps for completing this blended CPR certification course:
- You will be sent course resources and detailed directions on Monday morning after you enroll.
- Complete the online portion of the CPR course in 2-3 hours at your convenience at your own pace.
- Schedule one Face to Face skill practice & testing session that should take about an hour.
- After you satisfactorily perform the physical skill components at the evaluation session you will receive certification that is valid for 2 years.
While you can enroll in a CPR course section any time during the dates listed, there's no deadline for completing the online work and in-person testing.
The Basic Life Support (BLS) course provides healthcare providers and public safety professionals the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adult, child, and infant patients. Consistent with the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR/ECC, BLS is the foundational CPR/AED program typically required for healthcare providers and public safety professionals. Through the use of lecture, skills demonstration, practice, and case-based emergency response scenarios with a focus on team-based response, BLS builds the key critical thinking, problem-solving, and team dynamic skills that are needed to drive better patient outcomes. Upon successful completion of the course, learners will receive a 2-year Basic Life Support digital certificate with any time, anywhere access to certificate and training history.
Students will learn about:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants