Management must decide which compensation and benefits’ packages are most suitable and beneficial for their employees and organization. This course provides information essential for evaluating and designing cost effective employee compensation and benefit programs that meet corporate objectives. Students explore a range of plans and discuss the implications of HRM decision-making in choosing plans that balance cost with employee health and financial security.
- The Legal Landscape of Compensation and Benefits
- Developing a Pay System & Salary Structure
- Executive Pay Plans and Benefits
- Strategies and tools for designing/managing compensation and benefit plans
- Design and finance of health and welfare plans
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze and discuss typical and leading edge options in employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Create a competitive compensation and benefit analyses.
- Choose appropriate compensation/benefits’ planning approaches to meet stated business objectives.
- Define and apply appropriate HR terminology.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Human Resource Management : Required Courses (20 units)