Along with the fundamentals for photo file development and organization, learn techniques and best practices to expand your creativity within all aspects of image editing, processing, workflow, and archiving.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply Adobe Photoshop menu/settings.
- Have the ability to organize photo files using best practices.
- Understand and apply the Adobe Lightroom menu/settings.
- Demonstrate an ability to process photo files for optimum use in various media.
- Apply creative techniques for artistic interpretation.
- Understand and use editing tools within Photoshop and Lightroom.
Christy Gutzeit, Instructor
An award-winning photographer, retoucher, and educator, Christy Gutzeit’s decades-long immersion in post-production work include projects for Nike and Cover Girl, as well as numerous feature films and music videos. Gutzeit’s projects have won national recognition in creative excellence, including Clio, MTV Music Video, and BAFTA awards, and her photographic work has appeared in "Martha Stewart Living" and "W Magazine", among others. She also brought her in-depth knowledge and broad industry expertise to courses in Retouching, Digital Asset Management, Visual Design, and CGI Photography, while a faculty member of Brooks Institute.
With fresh, exciting courses in photography, Brooks at UCSB seeks to stimulate, inspire, and energize students. Whether for school projects, business presentations, or just to express ideas in more creative and unique ways, these hands-on classes are taught by former faculty members of Brooks Institute of Photography, and special guest instructors. For more information, visit ernestbrook