PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE || INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA - The most effective leaders in business understand the individual components of their organization. More importantly, they know how to ensure that they come together to efficiently execute on the organization’s chosen strategies. Develop your managerial skill-set and learn to make the right decisions to enable success in the marketplace.
This certificate is intended for early to mid career professionals wanting to get formally trained in various aspects of business management to excel in their duties and advance their careers. It is intended to deliver the basics of MBA with unique specialization tracks without the MBA price tag or extensive time commitment.
What you'll learn...
- Market research tools and techniques
- Application of essential legal analysis methods and principles to business transactions, relationships, and projections
- The strategic planning and execution process
- Essential finance tools such as cash flow analysis and TMV (time value of money) for investment and decision making
- Product differentiation and positioning strategies
- Effective pricing strategies
- Ethical considerations in business decision-making
Program Course Schedule
Core Subject Requirements: 3 Courses (12 units)
- MGMNT X450 - Business Strategy & Decision Making
- ECON X435 - Finance Essentials for Managers
- BUSAD X409.65 - Marketing Principles & Practices
Core Electives: Complete 1 Course (2 units)
Specialization Areas Listed Below: Complete 1-3 Courses (8 units) From Within the Same Group
- Human Resource Management Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Marketing Specialization: 2-3 Courses (8 units)
- Leadership and Strategy Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Business Accounting Specialization: 2 Courses (8 units)
- Global Business Specialization: 2 Courses (8 Units)
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
- Certificate Eligibility and Requirements
- International Students need to apply to the International Diploma Program before enrolling in classes from this course schedule.
- How to Access Your Online Course: One business day after enrollment but no sooner than 2 weeks before the beginning of the course, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to access your online course. You don’t need to take any action until you receive that email. Please note that you will not be able to access your online course until all the steps highlighted in that email are complete.
The approximate cost of completion of this program is $3,330 - $3,730 for Public and UCSB Students. Each course is $385 - $620. Individual course fees are paid upon enrollment. Estimated costs are subject to change and do not include fees for course materials. For more information visit our Help Center.
Cost for International Students $10,245. More info.