Project management is experiencing a resurgence as a proven methodology for planning, organizing, and controlling complex activities in any industry, including government and nonprofit organizations. Participants learn in-depth, essential elements of initiating and completing a successful project, including the development of interpersonal and leadership skills to conduct work in the team environment inherent to modern projects. Professionals from many disciplines can apply the technical and interpersonal skills, knowledge of the processes, and tools and techniques to achieve their objectives.
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- Skills needed to plan projects and keep projects on task, on time, and on budget
- Training in both the classic and contemporary aspects of project management
- An understanding of the uses and potential for project management and how to apply it to successfully achieve organizational objectives
- Current theories of project management and real-world practices applicable to all industries
Program Course Schedule
Complete all 4 courses (14 units):
- TMP X450 - Introduction to Project Management (Fall/Winter/Summer)(UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- TMP X451 - Project Planning: Initiation/Integration (Fall/Winter/Spring/Summer)(UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- TMP X452 - Project Execution: Monitoring/Control (Fall/Spring)(UCSB Campus) - 4 units
- TMP X453 - Agile Project Management (Winter/Spring)(UCSB Campus) - 2 units
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
You may also be interested in the Six Sigma Green Belt online course for Spring!
Requirements for International Students:
- Internationals must be part of the International Programs. Apply to International Programs here.
- International participants must complete a minimum of 12 units each quarter (with max. 1 online course/quarter) in order to maintain an F-1 visa status. These units can be completed through professional courses and/or UCSB courses.
- More requirements are defined in the Program Course Schedule above
The approximate cost of completion of this program is $2,400. Courses are offered between $420-$600 and the application fee is $150. Individual course fees are paid upon enrollment. Estimated costs are subject to change and do not include fees for course materials. The program requirements are defined in the Program Course Schedule. For more information visit our Help Center.
Program Costs for International Students:
Costs for internationals can be seen here.
Courses in our Project Management Professional Certificate Program cover the information in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) that serves as the fundamental knowledge base for project management. To be eligible for a PMP® credential from the PMI®, you must meet specific guidelines that objectively measure experience, education, and professional knowledge. For specific information, visit the PMI Website.