NOTE: This program will be discontinued by UCSB PaCE after the 2019 - 2020 academic year. Students who are already registered in the program can complete the requirements until summer 2020. Starting in the 2020-2021 academic year, journalism at UCSB will be offered as a track within the Professional Writing Minor offered through Writing Program. For more information and academic advising, please contact Journalism Certificate director Nomi Morris at email@example.com.
Program Course Schedule
***VALID ONLY 2019-2020 ACADEMIC YEAR
Required Writing Courses (8 units):
- WRIT 24 - Journalism Today (Foundation - fall) 4 units
- WRIT 128 - Multiplatform Journalism (Capstone - spring) 4 units
Required Elective Course Option (at least 1 course/4 units):
- WRIT 107J - Journalism & News Writing (F/W/Sp/Su) 4 units
- WRIT 107M - Magazine Writing for Publication (F/W/Sp/Su) 4 units
- WRIT 126 - Journalism for Web & Social Media (F/W/Sp) 4 units
- PaCE Course Options (at least 6 units):
- WRIT X410 - Visual Journalism (W) 2 units
- WRIT X411 - Data-driven Journalism (Sp) 2 units
- WRIT X412 - Journalism as a Career (F) 2 units
- ***WRIT X415 - International Reporting 4 units** Study abroad. For more information on this course and on how to register, please contact its instructor Nomi Morris, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Advisory Board members: Jerry Roberts, Cissy Ross, Patricia Stark, Nomi Morris, Madeleine Sorapure, and Henry Dubroff.