The first course focuses on the basics covering HTML/CSS to enable students to build simple websites.
The second course goes over more advanced web development techniques and prepares students for a career in the industry.
Through lectures, assignments, and projects students have opportunities to:
- Gain all the necessary skills to become a professional front-end web developer
- Build an advanced web application from scratch using the latest cutting-edge technologies in web development
- Engage in real-life problem solving essential in starting their new career
- Develop the skills necessary to build any website or application. (The web systems support a variety of browsers, including mobile support and retina graphics).
- Prepare for an in-depth interview necessary for acquiring their tech industry career
Program Course Schedule
CMPSC X450.52 - Web Development I (Coming Soon) - 6 units
CMPSC X450.52B - Web Development II (Coming Soon) - 6 units
Note: If you would like to enroll in both courses at the same time, please contact Student Services at 805-893-4200.
Prerequisite for the second course is successful completion of CMPSC X450.52 Web Development I or consent of instructor.
Laptop Required - The only requirement for the course is a Mac laptop.
The curriculum comprises 2 required courses for a total of 12 units (112 hours of instruction). You must take both courses for a letter grade and earn at least a "C" or better in each course to earn the professional certificate.
You can complete this program in 22 weeks. The first course will be offered in Fall 2018, and the second course will be offered in Winter 2019. An advanced optional course will be offered in Spring 2019.
Requirements for International Students:
- Internationals must be part of the International Programs. Apply to International Programs here.
- International participants must complete a minimum of 12 units each quarter (with max. 1 online course/quarter) in order to maintain an F-1 visa status. These units can be completed through professional courses and/or UCSB courses.
- More requirements are defined in the Program Course Schedule above
Each course is $2,600, the estimated total cost for completion of the certificate is $5,200.
Program Costs for International Students:
Costs for internationals can be seen here.
Drop Policy: Requests for full refunds must be received by September 23, 2018. There is a $100 registration fee for all refunds. No refunds will be granted after September 23, 2018. Requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where are the classes held?
Can I succeed in the Web Development Program if I have never taken a technology course before?
Yes! Even if you haven't been in school for a while or have never taken a technology course, you can succeed in this program. We will teach you the fundamentals and build your skills. The classes are offered in such a manner so that first helps prepare you for the second.
What kind of equipment and software do I need?
Laptop Required -The only requirement for the course is a Mac laptop.