Some organizations invest in basic management training, but few offer effective leadership training—coaching that helps individuals determine their strengths and weaknesses, helps them identify their career and/or organizational goals, and enables them to meet their leadership development goals. This program is designed for professionals seeking to develop effective leadership and management skills and individual contributors within an organization aspiring to positions of increased responsibilities and authority.
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- Opportunities to expand and (re)define your vision on the purpose of business.
- Strategies for developing emotional intelligence and strategic thinking to improve decision-making skills.
- Trusting environments to increase creativity, productivity, and morale.
- Models of effective leadership through team building and project management exercises.
Program Course Schedule
NEW revised for Fall 2018!
Required : Complete 3 Courses (12 units):
- BUSAD X435 - Foundations of Leadership (F/Sp) - 4 units
- BUSAD X450.33 - People, Culture, and Performance (F/Sp) - 4 units
- MGMNT X479 - Business and Personal Branding (F/W) - 4 units
Required: Complete 1 Course (at least 4 units):
- BUSAD X432 - Business Negotiation (F/W/Sp) - 4 units
- MGMNT X476 - Communication Skills for Professionals (W/Sp) - 4 units
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.
To be eligible for this Professional Certificate you must complete at least 16 units.
If you are an international student, and would like to pursue this certificate, please go here.