NEWLY REVISED! Today's specialists are faced with challenges in meeting staffing needs of constantly changing organizations in an era of a highly competitive labor market. From strategic planning to cost/benefit analysis, human resource managers play a key role in all facets of an organization.
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- A current and comprehensive understanding of human resource management as a practical and theoretical science;
- Tools and principles for immediate application in a human resource management environment; and,
- Current human resource management philosophies, trends, laws, and regulatory and financial issues.
Program Course Schedule
- Fundamentals of HR Management (F/Sp) - 4 units
- Managing Compensation & Benefits (Sp) - 4 units
- Effective Recruitment, Selection & Retention (Sp/Su) - 4 units
- People, Culture, & Performance (F/Sp) - 4 units
- Legal Aspects of Employment Practice (F/Su) - 4 units
Required: Complete 2-3 courses (at least 6 units)
- Understanding Individual & Organizational Behavior (W/Su) - 3 units
- Human Resource Development (Su) - 3 units
- Employment Mediation (W/Su) - 2 units
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Workplace (F/W/Sp) - 2 unit
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring and summer. For more information visit Approved Academic Calendar.