Labor market analysts project a growing and sustained demand for qualified public accountants. Business and government organizations are seeking employees with a strong accounting background who can collect, analyze, and interpret financial data. Do you have what it takes?
This Professional Certificate Program Provides:
- A well-rounded package of accounting courses for general accountants, or those planning to take the California CPA exam.
- Tools and principles in intermediate and advanced accounting as well as auditing, financial statement analysis, managerial accounting, income taxes (individual), and corporate taxation.
Program Course Schedule
- ECON X400A - Principles of Financial Accounting I (F) - 4 units
- ECON X400B - Principles of Financial Accounting II (W) - 4 units
Required 9 courses (36 units):
- ECON X420A - Intermediate Accounting I (Sp) - 4 units
- ECON X420B - Intermediate Accounting II (Su) - 4 units
- ECON X420C - Intermediate Accounting III (F) - 4 units
- ECON X418 - Financial Statement Analysis (Sp) - 4 units
- ECON X427A - Income Taxes/Individual (F/Sp) - 4 units
- ECON X427B - Corporate Taxation (F) - 4 units
- ECON X432 - Managerial Accounting (W) - 4 units
- ECON X433 - Auditing (W) - 4 units
- ECON X431 - Advanced Accounting (W) - 4 units
Looking for Ethics Courses? Check out our Strategic Business Program!
Courses are offered across 4 academic quarters: fall, winter, spring, and summer. For more information visit the Approved Academic Calendar.
The program requirements are defined in the Program Course Schedule.
For information regarding the CPA Educational Requirements please visit the dca.ca.gov website. There you can find the Self-Assessment Worksheet for the CPA Licensure Educational Requirements, which helps you determine which courses you need to complete in order to be eligible for the examination. For additional information see the Educational Requirements FAQs.
Please note that all inquiries regarding meeting the CPA requirements should be directed to the California Board of Accountancy.
The approximate cost of completion of this program is $4,650 (plus $1000 for 2 recommended prerequisite courses). Individual course fees are paid upon enrollment. Estimated costs are subject to change and do not include fees for course materials. For more information visit our Help Center.